Cooktop is a cooking stove, which is independent from an oven. This small appliance adds versatility because unlike traditional ranges, you get a chance to place the oven separately rather than beneath the stove.
You can visit https://www.meselectros.com/categorie-produit/cuisinieres/ to check different categories of cooktops based on fuel type, appearance, and ventilation needs.
- Propane or natural gas is used to operate gas cooktops.
- Serious cooks, who find accuracy and control more valuable can opt for gas cooktops.
- Traditional gas cooktop burners were harder to clean but latest models feature smooth surfaces, which are easy to wipe.
- Visual monitoring of flame is also offered.
- These operate on electricity and are very eco-friendly in comparison to gas cooktops.
- Temperature levels can be lowered more than gas cooktops.
- You can get to choose from sophisticated smooth-top or coil version type.
- Major setbacks are they lack control, cooking surface heats up slowly and flat bottomed cookware is needed.
- Unlike the regular electric cooktop, electromagnets are used as cooking elements in induction cooktops.
- Electromagnets are installed under the smooth cooking surface, which produce resistance, when electricity passes.
- Resistance heats the magnetic cookware placed on cooking surface.
- Cooking surface remains cool throughout the cooking process.
- Non-magnetic cookware does not enable heat to transfer, so there will be waste of electricity.
- Induction cooktops models with gas and electricity as power sources are available.
- The major disadvantage is needs flat-bottomed magnetic cookware and is expensive than other options.
Cooktops having overhead hoods
- Overhead hood enables the smoke and heat emitted during cooking process to be drawn outside the home.
- Overhead hoods perform the best ventilation task but occupy useful counter space.
- These appliances make use of counter level exhaust fans.
- Fan can be installed in the center, on the side, or behind the burner.
- The need for overhead hood gets eliminated with downdraft cooktops
- The drawback is they are inefficient in absorbing smoke and flames like traditional overhead hood.
Coil type cooktops
- These are sturdy and traditional cooktop version.
- More effort is needed to clean because stains and spills cannot be accessed easily.
- Cooking surface is smooth, basically designed from ceramic glass.
- As the surface is even and smooth, it is easy to wipe the stains and spills.
- Heavy items crashing on the surface can cause breakage or damage.
- Not tough like coil version but higher in price.